• Make a Payment
  • Report a Claim
  • Manage Your Policies

Learn More

Find an Agent

More Options

Central Blog

New Year, New Budget: 5 Ways to Improve Your Financial Health Read more...

The First Steps to Take After Your Identity Has Been Stolen Read more...

Five Benefits of Reading

Young Adults Need Insurance Too!

Video Preparing for a Power Outage

Auto Insurance
<< Back

Why do I need UM/UIM coverages for my business?

Uninsured Motorists (UM) and Underinsured Motorists (UIM) are additional coverages that protect you against other drivers that don’t have insurance, or don’t carry enough insurance. Without these coverages, you or your employee may need to pay out-of-pocket for an accident, even if another driver is at fault. Your Worker’s Compensation insurance may even take effect in this case.

UM coverage will pay for bodily injury, and in some states property damage, sustained in an accident with an uninsured driver, or even from a hit and run.

For additional videos, please visit our Video Library

State minimums are often too low to really cover all the costs that add up in an accident. UIM coverage helps you pay those medical bills that the underinsured motorist can’t cover.

facebook    Central's Blog    Twitter    YouTube