Roadside Assistance Program
Every Central personal auto policy comes equipped with access to our Roadside Assistance Program. With Roadside Assistance, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that a nationwide network of top-rated automotive and towing service providers are available 24/7 by calling 888-263-2924 any time your vehicle is disabled. No sign-ups and no fees – it’s a value-added benefit for Central’s personal auto policyholders.
Services provided through our Roadside Assistance Program include:
- Broken down vehicle? Towing services are available to tow your disabled vehicle to the nearest repair facility, or to a facility of your choosing. Please note: extra charges may apply if a different facility is chosen depending on your policy’s Towing & Labor coverage limits.
- Flat tire? Our service providers travel to the location of your vehicle and install your spare tire.
- Vehicle stuck in snow or mud? Winching services get you back on your way.
- Out of gas? Service providers deliver any fluids necessary to allow your vehicle to be driven to the nearest service facility (gas, water, oil, etc.).(1)
- Dead battery? You are provided a jump-start in the event of a dead battery.
- Keys locked in car? Lockout services are available to unlock the vehicle or provide assistance if the key is lost or broken.(2)
- Our Roadside Assistance specialists can even provide concierge services to help stranded motorists with arranging alternate transportation, airline reservations and ticketing, or hotel reservations.
Under our program, you are eligible for Roadside Assistance, even if Towing & Labor coverage isn’t carried!
- If at least $100 in Towing & Labor coverage is available on a stranded vehicle, any of the services listed above are handled as a “sign and drive” benefit.
- If less than a $100 Towing & Labor coverage limit (including no Towing & Labor coverage) is available on the vehicle, Roadside Assistance is still available. A debit or credit card should be provided at the point-of-service to pay the difference between the vehicle’s Towing & Labor coverage limit and the Roadside Assistance service fee ($100).
We recommend that all vehicles with comprehensive coverage have a minimum of $100 in Towing & Labor coverage to avoid incurring any out-of-pocket expense.(3) Central Signature®, Central Mutual Summit®, and Auto Plus coverages automatically include the requisite Towing & Labor coverage for all policy vehicles, even those without comprehensive coverage! Talk to your agent today about how you can make sure your policy meets your needs.
(1) The cost of fluids is excluded and is the responsibility of the stranded motorist.
(2) The cost of key replacement is excluded.
(3) Disabled vehicles are always towed to the nearest qualified repair facility. For certain makes/models, additional charges may apply.
Roadside Assistance Infographic (11-2139)
The policy coverages described above are in the most general terms and are subject to the actual policy exclusions and conditions. For specific coverage details and policy exclusions, refer to the policy itself or contact a Central Agent.