Central's Blog

Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial Property Insurance from Central protects you from property and income losses that are the result of a covered cause of loss.

Central offers broad, affordable insurance coverage with our Commercial Property Endorsements including the Premier, Premier Plus, and Business Income/Actual Loss Sustained. Discounts are available for new buildings, good loss experience, and above-average management practices.

Covered Property
Insured property can include buildings and/or the business contents of those buildings, which are specifically described in the insurance policy. However, several types of property are typically insured under other types of insurance, such as Crime Insurance for money, Commercial Auto Insurance for company vehicles, and Inland Marine Insurance for mobile equipment.

Covered Losses
Commercial Property may be insured for a broad list of named perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, wind and hail. However, a more popular option is to insure Commercial Property for all covered causes of loss except those that are specifically excluded in the policy.

The price of property insurance is heavily dependent upon the type of occupancy, type of construction of the building and the amount and type of public fire protection available. Other pricing factors may include the territory, private fire protection (extinguishers, sprinklers, etc.), housekeeping, and surroundings.

Central Insurance has been writing Commercial Property Insurance since 1876. Check with a Central agent near you to find out more about the many types of Commercial Property Insurance or for an insurance quote.