Utility Line Coverage

What would happen if your sewer line broke underground and you were responsible for the cost of replacing it? Did you know that for most homeowners, the underground sewer and water piping that connect their home to the street are their responsibility? Most homeowner policies exclude coverage for underground lines such as these. How will you pay for the cost to repair the line when a covered loss occurs?

Central’s Utility Line Coverage provides coverage for:

  • Water Piping
  • Steam Piping
  • Ground loop piping that connects to a heat pump
  • Sewer Lines
  • Drain Piping
  • Underground power lines or electrical wiring
  • Communications or data transmission wiring
  • Natural Gas piping

Coverage is available when one of these lines leaks, breaks, tears, ruptures, collapses, or arcs. Should a covered loss occur, coverage is available to pay for the damage to the utility line, excavation costs, expediting expenses to make repairs, and outdoor property that’s damaged because of the loss.

For a small annual premium, you can have peace of mind knowing this coverage will be available to you for underground utility lines that you are legally responsible for. A limit of $20,000 is available, subject to a $1000 deductible per occurrence.

To learn more about Utility Line coverage, contact your independent insurance agent.